[volt-nuts] Fluke 720A Kelvin Varley Divider Questions

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Mon Sep 20 19:58:11 UTC 2010

Since the dc gain of the amplifier using the LSK389 is unity a precise
match of the JFET input offset isnt critical so one can use a selected
pair of 2SK369BL.
These are readily obtainable on eBay.
I purchased about 20 and easily found several pairs with a Vgs match to
within a few mV.

The amplifier that uses the low noise JFET's as its input stage is ac
coupled with a dc gain of unity so that it could easily be redesigned to
use a single FET input device with current feedback to its source.

Bruce