[volt-nuts] Solartron 7081 Test Leads

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Wed Aug 3 22:25:07 UTC 2011

I hope to have a 7081 in the next few weeks that is minus the test leads and
calibration key.  I have been able to chase down the connector for the front
panel test leads and two are on the way.  However, in fabricating some test
leads, I was wondering if there is anything special about the wires/cable
used to make up the test leads.  Silver wire?  Teflon insulation?  Etc.?

I was planning on using 18 ga. Teflon insulated stranded wire used in
aircraft and some standard 'probes'.  For the Kelvin leads, I was thinking
about using alligator clips.  Any thoughts, insight, suggestions, previous
experience, etc., would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Joe