[volt-nuts] Solartron 7081 Test Leads

Fred pa4tim at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 23:11:54 UTC 2011

I have the 7061. You let yours on for twenty four hours. I do that with
my calibrators ect but I did it once with my solartron and I allmost had
a fire. It was over 30 degrees Celcius and the meter got so hot it
started smell burned. At 23 degrees, after about an hour my meter gets
towards 50 degrees insite. The transformer around 55 degrees.

Is this normal, is it made to be used in 20 degrees environments or is
there something wronng ? I have no service manual so I can not check
anything. I replaced the nicad, tested the powersupply caps but they
were OK. Could niot find a ripple on the psu that was abnormal (as far
as it is a guess without the manual)

It's to bad because it is a great working meter but as long as I do not
know if this is normal (not allowed to use above certain temps) I do not
use it much.

The cal key locjk is plain standard but I tryed some old keys and after
some modifications it worked :-)

Fred