[volt-nuts] Traveling Standards

Bob Smither smither at c-c-i.com
Fri Aug 26 14:02:03 UTC 2011

Andreas Jahn wrote:
>> Andreas mentioned the lm339.  One candidate I am considering is the
>> lm119ah.
>
> not LM339 (it is a comparator) but the LM399 is a heated reference.
>
> really LM119AH? or LM129AH (I cannot find a reference when looking for
> LM119)
>
> And the LM129AH has a tempco of around 6 ppm/K.
> so you will have either to heat it or to monitor the temperature exactly.

My bad - I should never do e-mails after midnight!

I meant, of course, your reference to the lm399.  I have 3 lm199ah parts
that I was referring to.  The spec sheet shows max TC of .5ppm/C.

> But consider: when you maintain only one reference you are the happy man
> with one clock.

   :-)

> And you will never mention when the reference will drift by shipping.
> I would maintain at least 4 equal references. Shipping only one at a time.
> And comparing to the other 3 local references before and after shipment.

Excellent idea.  Well I have three lm199ah and three lm399ah (not quite
as good).  My construction project just expanded.

Thanks!

--
Bob Smither, PhD                                   Circuit Concepts, Inc.
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never