[volt-nuts] Traveling Standards

Bob Smither smither at c-c-i.com
Fri Aug 26 18:13:24 UTC 2011

Brooke Clarke wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Batteries are considered hazardous material and can not be shipped
> without special Hazmat paper work which complicates things.  I think
> there is an exception for some carriers, but not others, when the energy
> is below a couple hundred watt hours (amp hours times volts).  The
> battery pack  mentioned (2 AH * 9.6V = 19.2 WH).

I wondered about this.  Since 9/11 there is precious little we can do
without getting someone's permission 8^(.

Andreas's results imply that, at least at the 10 ppm level, that
hysteresis may not be an issue.  It is stretching my measurement
capabilities, but I will try some experiments after I have some data on
several potential Traveling Standards.

Thanks,
Bob Smither, PhD                                 Circuit Concepts, Inc.
     "Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods."
         -- Libertarian H.L. Mencken
Smither at C-C-I.Com           http://www.C-C-I.Com           281-331-2744