[volt-nuts] HP3468A

gbusg gbusg at comcast.net
Sun Aug 28 21:55:54 UTC 2011

Bob wrote:

> Reset button?  Don't see that.
The Reset function can be invoked by hitting "blue" (keyshift) key +
SGL/TRIG (TEST/RESET). (This might be only labeled "TEST" in blue on some
versions.)

> I did this, but no change.  I wonder if the boot process is assuming
> something that has been lost from the RAM.
Good question. I'm not 100% sure, but at that point I'd still expect
Self-Test to conclude with a displayed error (such as  Calibration
RAM error, or RAM error, or ROM error).

So I'm still wondering what/why the CPU (U501) seems caught in an endless
RESET loop?

Does the instrument seem to respond to any front panel keys at all?

Just as a "sanity" check, it might be worthwhile to make sure *all* front
panel keys are free (and that none of them are stuck).

Sorry to hear none of the "easy" things were the cause so far.

--Greg