[volt-nuts] Solartron 7081 Serial Communication

Михаил timka2k at yandex.ru
Sat Dec 3 05:32:42 UTC 2011

Hi, Chris!
This http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6209/rs232cable.jpg is my Solartron 7081
crosslink (null-modem) cable pinouts.
This http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/1311/pcb1.jpg is the DIP-switches
configuration. All 8-th switches is in the OFF position (from left to right):
1) emergency state saving at Power Down is active;
2) not connected;
3) - 5) RS232 9600 baude rate selected;
6) - 7) Stimulation test program deactivated;
8) Reset circuite in normal mode (Reset must be deactivated to access internal
Monitor programm).
This http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/5344/screenshotmr.png is the Terminal
screenshot with data bits/parity/stop bits etc settings. OUTPUT,RS232,ON must be
a first command to enable RS232 response. This command is stored in memory even at
power off until device initialized or NiCd battery discharged.
If none of the above does not work, it may be hardware problem with IC25 LM301
and IC4 74LS14.

Mickle T.