[volt-nuts] Calibrating an HP 34702A?

WB6BNQ wb6bnq at cox.net
Wed Feb 23 20:42:38 UTC 2011

Charles,

Just a suggestion.  If you post where you are located, perhaps a list member with
better capability might announce himself and offer to help.  Also, depending upon
where you are located, less expensive alternatives might be available in the form
of local calibration facilities.

Failing all that, and depending upon your actual needs, perhaps obtaining a used
Fluke 515 (inexpensive calibrator) would serve you better ?  Then a one time
expense for calibration of the 515 would serve for all your instrument needs.

Of course, if you are not careful, you can sucked into the game and spend a lot
of money on other more expensive calibration equipment to put you mind at ease.
After all, Timenuts and Voltnuts are obsessive people.

Bill....WB6BNQ
(Located in San Diego)