[volt-nuts] Analog Data logger search

ws at Yahoo warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 19:37:51 UTC 2011

I found a low cost external USB PC sound card that seems to work OK.
The problem now is what software to use. So many choices out there.
Any suggestions on a good S/W program to log and plot (in real time)
Data from an external USB sound card that has been modified for DC
operation?
The goal is to end up with a text file of an hour plus long data run,
in which the high 41KHz sampled rate data can be reduced (filtered down) to
around 100 sample/sec.

WarrenS

***************
> "WarrenS" writes:
>PC data logging capability on a single channel
>in the 100 to 1000 samples per second range.

Your PC's soundcard ?  16 bits, 40-some ksps, dual channel ?

******************
snip
I'm looking for a low cost and simple solution to replace an old 12 bit
DataQ ADC for a "nut" project.
What I'll like to find is a 2 channel, 16 bit+ bipolar ADC system that can
sample in the 1000 samples per second range.
Something that does not take a ton of programming time and effort to get
working and is readily available and cheap.
Having software that allows flexible real time graphing display and simple
data logging on a PC is important.

WarrenS