[volt-nuts] Resistance standard

m k m1k3k1 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 23 10:03:49 UTC 2011

Hi,

I only recently joined this group, but in answer to rob, the best oil would be a long chain parrafin, can be purchased for vacuum pumps, also a solid encapsulation will shift as it ages, and that would put strain on the resistors, so they would need an initial wrap in a silicone perhaps? definately a very compliant cover of some sort to isolate the strain.

Mike

PS I am shortly going to set up some LTZ's for a small family of references to age and compare. Doing the sums a difference measure between each one and graphed will tell me which ones are the most stable, then after a year or so splash out and get one calibrated against a known source.