[volt-nuts] Re: Fluke 515A battery

Dickson Fu dicksonfuhk at yahoo.com.hk
Fri Mar 4 18:22:20 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Thanks.  I have found a custom battery builder locally, and probably the price
is about 1/4 of those US maker mentioned before.

All I need is the specification.  I now know it is 2 packs of 18 x 500mAh nicad
cell.  Suppose each nical cell has 1.2V, so totally 21.6V per battery pack.

Thanks and Regards,
Dickson Fu
VR2WHF

----- 郵件原件 ----
寄件人﹕ Charles P. Steinmetz <charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com>
收件人﹕ Discussion of precise voltage measurement <volt-nuts at febo.com>
傳送日期﹕ 2011/3/4 (五) 8:29:28 PM
主題: Re: [volt-nuts] Fluke 515A battery

Mark wrote:

> The battery pack has two strings of 18 x 500mAh nicad cells.
>
> If you have $150 burning a hole in your pocket try
>http://www.batterygiant.com/Product/AS357

SR Batteries will build pretty much any nicad pack you need:

http://www.srbatteries.com/

He has sources for better cells than I have ever found on my own -- I have never
had better, longer-lasting nicads than the ones I get from him.  (No idea what
he might charge to duplicate the 515A pack.)

No connection other than extremely satisfied customer.

Best regards,

Charles