[volt-nuts] Valhalla 2703 AC calibrator

gbusg gbusg at comcast.net
Thu Mar 31 01:24:39 UTC 2011

Good job Mark!

I also have a Valhalla 2703. Mine gets past the "Hello" turn-on sequence OK.
Display and front panel control seem OK. But when I try putting its output
in "Operate" mode, it instantly switches back to "Standby". On its 120V
range (and higher), its red HV symbol flashes for an instant before it plops
back to standby. So I suspect it's automatically shutting-down due to an
"open sense loop" or some other cause of over-voltage?

I've not performed any troubleshooting in it yet. ...It's just sitting on
the shelf, waiting for further action. I've not yet looked for an online
manual. I doubt there's one online, but if you run across that, let me know.

Keep us informed as to how stable your 2703 seems.

Greg