[volt-nuts] msc1210 microvolt meter

shalimr9 at gmail.com shalimr9 at gmail.com
Wed May 18 13:02:34 UTC 2011

Google "msc1210 ad8input.c"

The first link is the original TI code that runs under the free (and severely limited) Keil demo C51 compiler. With simple changes to the way the SFRs are declared (ask me if you need help), you can also use the totally free and unlimited SDCC compiler.

If you do not have the TI uploader, ask me. The uploader was written in VB 6.0 and I have an "improved" version here (the TI app engineer at the time sent me the source code)

One nice thing about the MSC1210 is that you upload the software through the serial port (no need for a JTAG dongle). The downside is that there is no debugging capability that I know of. You can only debug through the serial port, so your program has to be able to use the serial port to assist in debugging.

The lack of a debugger is one reason I moved away from the MSC1210 to the Silabs parts.

Didier KO4BB

Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless thingy while I do other things...