[volt-nuts] Now Pace desoldering maintanance question

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 7 13:06:08 UTC 2011

One thing to be aware of when running solvents through these things is that many models have an internal Visifilter (usually the totally sealed one) on the lines (some have just a fiber filter).   You should replace that at this time.   I always remove it before cleaning the pump...  otherwise it can store a lot of fluids you probably don't want hanging around in the machine.

I have tried recirculating the solvent,  but the exhaust port pressure valve seems to always leak solvent,  so I just cover the port with a rag.  Also,  by not recirculating the solvent,  you don't recirculate grunge back into the machine.