[volt-nuts] Homebrew DVM

Andreas Jahn Andreas_-_Jahn at t-online.de
Fri Nov 11 05:33:54 UTC 2011

Hello Randy,

with a capacitive divider 2:1 or 3:1 based on a LTC1043 + LT1051
you can extend the 5V range to 10 or 15 V. The capacitive divider
is very stable over temperature and time.

With my 2:1 dividers I have less than 1 ppm drift over a
10-40 degrees (celsius) temperature range.

Absolute accuracy of the divider factor depends mainly on
charge injection of the switch and capacitor losses.
I measured values between 2-10ppm depending on different
pin configurations. Im not shure wether the examples in the
datasheet are using the correct pin numbers for minimum charge injection.

Another Question: how do you get a unipolar 0..5V range with a ADS1282?
The absolute input of the PGA-Amplifier is specified from 0.7 .. 3.75V.

With best regards

Andreas