[volt-nuts] Resistance Standard Oil - Plain Mineral Oil?

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Fri Nov 25 18:17:06 UTC 2011

I have looked back over the archives about this and have found some
information but I am not really clear on whether or not local grocery or
drug store mineral oil is acceptable for my Leeds & Northrup 10 ohm standard
resistor.

I emailed Ohm-Labs (that I think maybe acquired Leeds & Northrup?) and they
suggested Drakeol 7 or Blandol.  However, I can't find a source for it.
They suggested Fisher Scientific or VWR but I can't find either brand listed
on their websites.  They do list 'light mineral oil'.

Any information or suggestions appreciated.

Joe