[volt-nuts] Solartron 7081, other meters, and some voltage standards

gbusg gbusg at comcast.net
Sat Sep 3 01:01:15 UTC 2011

Yeah, Joe, the "10.00006" 3457A reading you're seeing is *very* typical of
what I've seen before on other 3457As. They seem to drift more positive, at
a very slow pace. (By now they're very old and so their internal "cal"
references have aged nicely.) But do keep in mind that, due to other
short-term tempco and warm-up issues, I wouldn't trust the 3457A for
decisions any closer than approximately 5ppm of target at 10Vdc.

I'm guessing (but have no proof) that your 'black' face 731B might be very
stable - maybe significantly better than Fluke's published spec. If that
turns out to be the case, I'd be tempted to choose the 'black' 731B as the
device to transfer 10Vdc from another lab into my own lab.

I don't have any experience with the Solartron 7081, so I'd like to hear
from everybody (who's in the know about it). I'd also like to see its
datasheet and/or manual.

-Greg