[volt-nuts] Solartron 7081, other meters, and some voltage standards

gbusg gbusg at comcast.net
Sat Sep 3 04:44:24 UTC 2011

Joe,

After looking at the Spec page for Solartron 7081 (as found at ko4bb per a
interesting.

Again, I don't have personal experience with it, but my thinking is that, of
the instruments you've collected, your Solartron 7081 might actually be the
most stable at 10Vdc. Certainly it has the tightest spec: 4.3 ppm 2nd year
after calibration. Given the probable age of your 7081, I can imagine that
its 10Vdc aging might indeed have slowed way down (to a very desirable slow
creep)?

If any Solartron 7081 users are in the group, please chime-in with your
experiences regarding its observed stability at 10Vdc.

Cheers!
Greg

Here's a copy of David's link to the Solartron manuals at ko4bb:

<http://www.ko4bb.com/cgi-bin/manuals.pl?dir=09%29_Misc_Test_Equipment/Solartron>

Hard copy from Telford Electronics in the UK (a photocopy, but not quite as
up to date as the scan on Didier's web site).

Visit also <www.perdrix.co.uk> for a blog on repairing one of these.

Regards,
David Partridge