[volt-nuts] Sub PPM 10V transfer standard

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 5 00:20:52 UTC 2011

One thing that I have done is to mount a Thunderbolt GPSDO,  SR104 resistor,   a 10V reference circuit,  and the power supply in an insulated cardboard box box.  I use Lady Heather's temperature control mechanism to set the Tbolt's temperature at one of the SR104's two points where it's resistance is 10000.000 ohms.   Using just a fan,  Lady Heather stabilizes the temperature swings in the box to around +/- 0.01C  despite air conditioning swings, etc in the room.   Long term RMS averages (say over 24 hours) are in the microdegree area.