[volt-nuts] Reference cal options Solartron 7081

Dick Moore richiem at hughes.net
Thu Sep 8 19:04:44 UTC 2011

Joe, I guess it depends on how vital the cals are to your intended end use. For me, as hobbyist/experimenter, having the 7081 cal'd and then using it to cal everything else you have makes the most sense, both practically and economically, but I really love digging around in the waxy nubbins and doodads that fill these boxes.

The 7081 is arguably a great meter with exceptional performance, and such meters are to me practicasl "secondary standards" for my purposes, which are to get a general coherence in my gear.

If a commercial venture is intended, then spend the bucks and get both certificates and peace of mind.

Best,
Dick Moore