[volt-nuts] traceable calibration

Andreas Jahn Andreas_-_Jahn at t-online.de
Sat Sep 10 10:04:13 UTC 2011

Ok Greg,

so for the 10V range the specs seem to be totally identical.
But since they have a 90 day calibration cycle for the 5720A
according to the measurement protocol id prefer to use the
90 day spec which is 2.5ppm of output + 2.5uV for the 2 sigma
or 3ppm of output + 3uV for the 3 sigma value.

The interesting thing is that on a sample report
acoording to ISO they state the measurement uncertainity of being
16.1 uV for a 5V output and
28.1 uV for a 10V output.

http://www.keithley.com/support/services/calibrationrepair/ReportA.pdf

On the other side on their calibration side they say that they will use
the 2 sigma specs for ISO-calibration.
  5V would give   15  uV with 2 sigma
10V would give 27.5 uV with 2 sigma.

so the values of the protocol seem to include a tolerance 0.6 to 1.1 uV for
wiring.

so I would use the calibrator tolerance as being 2.5ppm + 3.6uV as worst
case
and transfer this to the 7V of my reference voltage as 21.1uV uncertainity
for the calibrator.
But how do I have to regard the other tolerances up to the measurement of my
LM399 #2?

With best regards

Andreas