[volt-nuts] Fluke 335A

John Lofgren jlofgren at lsr.com
Tue Sep 13 13:47:18 UTC 2011

What other service have any of you performed on the 335A?

I have a beige unit, S/N 2710010, that was working for about a year and then developed a problem where the voltage won't stay stable.  After power-on with the metr in the TVM mode you could wath the meter slowly swing up and down the scale at varying rates, but never settling on a stable value.  I've put it on the shelf for about the last 6 years and haven't been back to it, since.

The troubleshooting flow chart leads me to the chopper oscillator section.  I've read through the procedure but haven't gone into the unit to attemp the alignment.  I am curious about the part of the procedure cautioning the user about going too far one way or the other in the adjustment and causing instrument damage.  Any comments or tips?

I'll also check the electrolytics while I'm in there.  Probably do that before the chopper aligment.

-John