[volt-nuts] Solartron 7081 Noise

m k m1k3k1 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 15 06:05:02 UTC 2011

Hi,
Do you have aircon or heating running at those times?

From: jltran at att.net
To: volt-nuts at febo.com
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 21:43:32 -0500
Subject: [volt-nuts] Solartron 7081 Noise

Following Mickle's lead, I  captured about 12 hours of data from my 7081
with my 'home-made' test leads shorted using the RS232 interface and the
freeware serial port terminal emulator program with 'transfer to Excel'
Mickle suggested.  It only took me an extra day to figure out how to convert
the Excel chart into a .GIF to shrink it to a size I could attach to this
email and then send to the group.

I am learning so much from all this, a significant amount of which has to do
with computers and stuff I always wanted to know but never had or took the
time to learn.

It would appear that there is a cycling of the data, for most of the day,
but a fairly stable period for mid-day.

I would appreciate any thoughts on the data.

Joe