[volt-nuts] Low thermal EMF solder

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 16 02:50:41 UTC 2012

Yes, I made some.   Melted pure cadmium and tin together in a ceramic crucible,  stirred with quartz rod,  dripped it into large pyrex dish to make thin splatters  (I hoped to make some kind of mold for casting wire,  but never did).  Note that no metal was used in the fabrication (copper would probably have been OK) that would interfere with the magic low thermal foo.

Cadmium is your friend.  You should make the solder in a small closed room and deeply inhale the vapors...  there are too many people on the planet.  It will give you the sexual attractiveness of  George Clooney and/or Halley Berry and/or give you the intellect of Albert Einstein (or was it Albert Gore?).  Martha Stewart says that you can also spread it on crackers for a nice springtime snack.  At least that's what I remember the MSDS as saying.  For some reason things have been a bit fuzzy since.