[volt-nuts] 7071 stability question

m k m1k3k1 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 13:41:12 UTC 2012

Hi everyone.
I have an old 7071 that looks remarkably stable. I have got two thin strands of TCW and twisted them together then put an end in each of the outer sockets of the connector. left the unit on for a day then zeroed it, now abot a day or two later it is slowly moving between 0.00 and 0.17 microvolts on the 3.2 second averaging. How does this compare with any 7081's anyone has? my guess is that it has aged into 7081 spec, but I want to be sure before desoldering the link LK17 and carefully cleaning it.I intend to use IPA clean, and pure to remove any conductive muck and reduce leakage later.
Regards,
M K