[volt-nuts] 7061 statistics , dont understand

ed breya eb at telight.com
Sat Apr 21 14:21:15 UTC 2012

The discrepancy may be due to the small sample size. I believe you
want to use the "student's-T" distribution, which has more dispersion
to account for less information. If you do the experiment with more
samples - say at least thirty - the distribution should approach
normal. This information was stored somewhere in my brain and just
popped into my head when I looked at the post - I haven't looked at
this sort of thing in many years, so my recollection may not be exactly right.

Ed