[volt-nuts] Fluke 335A versus HP 740B

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 15 21:09:25 UTC 2012

Hi Charles,
I have a couple of Fluke and HP null voltmeters. One of the Flukes has a FET chopper board in it. It was apparently fitted as part of a repair by Fluke, but I have no data on it. The HP 419 battery packs contain standard sized cells and can be recelled. There are 20 of them so it gets expensive. An alternative is to replace them with a shunt regulator (2 x12Vzener diode) and use mains only. You need the shunt to generate a virtual earth that is provided by the battery center tap in the original design.

Robert G8RPI.