[volt-nuts] Eppley 811381 standard cell

m k m1k3k1 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 22 17:56:20 UTC 2012

keep it upright for a month at a constant temperature, measuring daily to see when it settles down after transit. do not draw any current from it, you need a 10Gohm+ input impedance of your voltmeter. Then you need to compare it with your standard zener reference. You may need another three for comparisons. If the terminal volts falls too low you will find it becomes less stable. You also need to generate the trendline for its output volts, so it will best come into usefulness after a year of measuring, hence why I am not going to bother with buying any standard cells. There is a good pdf all about them on the NIST site.

M K