[volt-nuts] Traveling Standards

Bob Smither smither at c-c-i.com
Mon Jan 9 04:59:30 UTC 2012

Bob Smither wrote:
> After way too long (boy, having to work really cuts into my hobby time)
> the first Traveling Standard is on its way to the first volt-nut that
> signed up.
>
> I will be reporting results as I get them.

The first measurements are in - see http://www.c-c-i.com/node/160 .

My measurements averaged around 6.99697 for the LM199A and 5.00026 for the MAX6350.

The measurements from a fellow volt-nut with an HP 3458A are 6.997326 and
5.000541 respectively.

The TS will be on its way back to me this week.  After I spend some time with
it, I will get it mailed to the next volunteer.

Thanks to all who offered to measure the TS.

If this first result holds my HP 3455A is within its 90 day spec limit after at
least 25 years of not being calibrated.

My 3455A died some years back and has been in storage.  I recently got it out
and was able to repair it using the excellent HP documentation that came with it.

--
Bob Smither, PhD                                   Circuit Concepts, Inc.
   A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the