[volt-nuts] Thermistor value for 732A Reference 10V Standard

Mitch Van Ochten mitch at vincentelectronics.com
Fri Jun 29 01:42:38 UTC 2012

Hi Tom,

According to the Fluke 732A manual page 2-6 the nominal value is between
3k - 4k with the oven at normal operating temperature.  Mine checks 3.545 k
and has been within a few ohms of that reading each year for five years. You
may have a heater problem.  There is a protective thermal fuse which can go
open, in series with the heating elements.  It's purpose is to prevent a
runaway oven from cooking everything.  Once it opens you will never get any
heating until it is replaced.

Regards,

mitch