[volt-nuts] Solartron 7071 and 7081 Factory Test and Calibration Specification

David C. Partridge david.partridge at perdrix.co.uk
Sun May 6 13:04:46 UTC 2012

A very nice chap at Ametek has scanned the factory Test, Setup and Calibration documents for the 7071 and 7081.

The 7081 service manual contains a partial guide to the setup, testing and calibration of these meters, but the factory test and calibration procedure documents have a lot more detail.   It is interesting to note that they actually took weeks to pass through the calibration stage, especially every tenth unit which was kept back and rechecked at 8 weeks and 13 weeks.

Unfortunately it doesn't contain the source code for the calibration programs which I believe were run on a Commodore PET, but I hope it is nonetheless of some use.

The file can be downloaded from here:

<http://www.perdrix.co.uk/Solartron7081/index.htm#mozTocId453904>

Regards,
David Partridge