[volt-nuts] Fluke 343 arrived, trip behaviour

Fabio Eboli FabioEb at quipo.it
Fri May 11 07:41:43 UTC 2012

Frank Stellmach <frank.stellmach at freenet.de> ha scritto:

> Hello,
>
> as far as I remember back 30 years, the behaviour of your 343A is
> perfectly ok.
>
> The trip behaviour on downranging or even on reducing the output
> setting on the high voltage ranges is caused by the "crowbar driver"

Hello, Frank, thank you for your comment.
I can hear the crowbar working, should be that slight rattling sound
when I pass from an higher voltage to a lower?
The problem is that I cannot set a voltage between 480 and 500V
and less than 200V at all. The strange think is that the
unit works ok in the >200...480V range and >500 to more than 1000V.
I have to study better the manual, if i rmember correctly there
is a circuitry that changes protection behaviour around 300V.

Fabio.