[volt-nuts] Keithley SourceMeters

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Sat May 26 20:14:21 UTC 2012

At a quick glance, the Keithley box looks like an HP 4140 or an earlier
PAR C-V plotter.

These things characterize PN junctions by integrating the current for a
series of voltage steps. The integral of the current.dt is the charge, so
they can work back and figure the capacitance. They effectively measure
the capacitance of the SCL as a function of voltage. Of course the SCL is
a function of the reverse bias on t6he junction.

-John