[volt-nuts] Traveling Standards

Bob Smither smither at c-c-i.com
Sat Oct 20 02:34:38 UTC 2012

On 10/18/2012 02:05 PM, Andreas Jahn wrote:
> Hello Bob,
>
> whats the matter with you. Infected by precision virus like me?

Yep - and I have a question.  What does the spec of Xppm/sqrt(1,000 hrs) mean?
If we expect Xppm over the first 1,000 hours, does the stability improve with
long term operation?  What would be expected over the second 1000 hours, etc?

Would we expect a drift of 1.4 * X ppm over 2000 hours, sqrt(10) * X ppm over
10,000 hours, and so on?

Thanks,

Bob Smither                                      Circuit Concepts, Inc.

             “Three groups spend other people's money:
                  children, thieves, politicians.
                       All three need supervision.”
             -- Dick Armey

Smither at c-c-i.com              www.c-c-i.com               281-331-2744