[volt-nuts] Fluke 5100B Calibrator

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Sun Sep 2 02:25:40 UTC 2012

In an effort to get a 'standard' for DC and AC voltage and current, along
with resistance, I recently acquired a Fluke 5100B.

After an effort, finding several dead/shorted/blown (literally) tantalum
capacitors as well as shorted zeners and loose mounting screws for the HV
output section transistors, it seems to be working on all ranges.  It has
the wideband frequency option (03) and the HPIB option (05) but I have not
had a chance to try those out yet.

Anyone on the list with any experience with this unit?  Any hints,
suggestions, pitfalls I need to know about?

I downloaded the manual from the Fluke site.

My plan is to use it along with an Agilent calibrated 3458A to be able to
calibrate other DMM's.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Joe