[volt-nuts] Lm399 heater

Fred Schneider pa4tim at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 00:04:16 UTC 2012

Is the heater from a LM399 regulated, so it stayes at 85 degrees or is it just drawing an vast amount of current like a lightbulb ? So if it gets hotter around the LM the heater temp stays the same ?

I just building a refrence with it and If it is not regulated i want to feed it through a current source
The Vref with a LTC1052 and OPA277 comes in a small closed aluminum box shielded from the rest and mounted on rubber. Only feedthrough caps for in and outputs. So it can get warmer in there, but this way i want to make it more temp and mechanical stable ( the output will be the LM's native voltage times Two so i minimise resistors ( use two 0.01% matched resistors) then A Fluke 720 KV devider to make 10V out of it, then a chopper buffer, ESI dekavider KV and another buffer to drive the cables ( like the sub-ppm reference Jim Williams made, only he used a ( handpicked ? ) LTZ1000 ( i hope to find one someday, tryed to order one from LT but no luck as a private person) and managed to go sub-ppm, my goal is more modest.

Fred PA4TIM