[volt-nuts] Lm399 heater

Bob Smither smither at c-c-i.com
Sat Sep 15 21:26:09 UTC 2012

On 09/15/2012 01:38 PM, Fred Schneider wrote:
> Hi Bob, It will be on 24/7 but this was the first test on a lab-psu. I have
> about 50 wall contacts. About 10 are 24/7 on, they feed my guildline cabinet,
> timestandard ect ( there is also an UPS in between). When I leave my lab all
> other contacts are switched off at once for safety. So if I wanted to let it
> powered I had to do a lot of work to put the psu on a permanent contact ( the
> psu is under pile of other gear and the mains wires are all behind the
> shelfs. The permanent contacts are not near the bench. All ovenised and other
> 24/7 powered stuff is in one corner.

Hi Fred,

Sounds like a great setup.

Expanding on my first comment, it is pretty interesting looking at an LM399 when
first 'activated.'  I recently brought up a second LM199 that I have had for
decades and never powered.  I charted the difference between the new one and one
that has thousands of hours on it.  Interesting to watch it settle in over a few
days.

Best regards,
--
Bob Smither, PhD                                    Circuit Concepts, Inc.
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution