[volt-nuts] Rotek 320 AC/DC Calibrator

Marv @ Home marvin.gozum at comcast.net
Tue Aug 6 09:49:18 EDT 2013

Thanks John, appreciated, not sure if they are similar as the unit is
in transit and not in my possession, its a boat anchor.  Will let
you'all know the status after a thorough evaluation.  Still doing
'discovery' and getting as much info as possible.

 From a volt nuts perspective, for other readers, calibrators may
have very stable references in single digit ppm, and maybe an option
instead of build your own reference, plus they may come with built in
KV dividers, precision AC oscillators etc., that alone maybe worth
the whole kaboodle.  Some are dirt cheap, as low as free except
postage, others not so.

At 05:49 PM 8/2/2013, J. Forster wrote:
>I'm not certain it's the same model, but the one I'm familiar with was in
>a Wamco (formica) case, maybe 10" x 12" x 8" with some colored binding
>posts. They has a little glass 'thermal convertor' about the size of a
>pecan. The rest of the box was precision resistors and high quality
>(Shallcross ?) switches.
>
>There were a bunch of part-built ones surplused in the Boston area in the
>late 1970s. Internally they had plexi panels with 0.1% and .01% resistors,
>in decade values as I remember.
>
>If that's the puppy, I know nothing more. I still have some of the parts
>put away somewhere. I never had any paperwork AFAIK. They may have been
>affiliated with Weston.
>
>If this is not the puppy, never mind.  :)
>
>-John

Sincerely,

Marv
Philadelphia, PA