[volt-nuts] Fluke differential meters

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Wed Aug 7 16:10:21 EDT 2013

Hi Robert

Many thanks for the clarification re the reference, I wasn't intending to
be nitpicky it was just that your comment about the Weston cell was  what
started me on the struggle to retrieve the meter from where it was  nesting,
so I was paying it a bit more attention that I might have done
otherwise......pain is quite good for focussing the attention:-)

Thanks too for the warning re the switch wafers, that was something I
hadn't considered.

Fortunately the wafers themselves were ok in this instance  and the jammed
switch was down to the grease in the mounting bush drying out and  becoming
"gummy".
A couple of very small drops of three-in-one from the end of a  cocktail
stick between the front of the bush and the circlip on the shaft, plus  a bit
of patience, and all was fine again.

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR