[volt-nuts] Fluke 510A

Bob Smither smither at c-c-i.com
Sat Aug 10 18:49:18 EDT 2013

On 08/10/2013 04:57 PM, Marv @ Home wrote:
> A 6.5 or better will find a good home and be appreciated in your lab, Joe.
> Many orphans need homes always appear on eBay, particularly the top line of
> its day HPs: 3455a, 3456a, and 3457a.

Agreed!  I bought a 3455A when it was new.  It was a workhorse in my lab for
years, then it sat on the shelf for a few years.  When I fired it up a tantalum
cap smoked.  Replacing that had it running again.  After a few months, a RAM
chip went out, after replacing it another error surfaced that I have not tracked
down.

Since fighting the 3455A, I have purchased three 3457As on Ebay.  They are
always on and I have had no problems with them.  They are my current favorite
DMMs.  All three indicate within a few ppm at +10.00000 volts (I have not
adjusted / calibrated them).

I think HP got a lot right with the 3457A.  Wish I could afford a 3458A!

--
Bob Smither, PhD                                   Circuit Concepts, Inc.
     Government is not healthy for children and other living things.