[volt-nuts] HP 3457A

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Sun Aug 11 05:23:40 EDT 2013

Orin wrote:

>They send a calibration certificate which claims that their
>standards are traceable to NIST.  I have no reason to doubt that.

Owning standards and instruments with traceable calibrations is
necessary but not sufficient for making traceable calibrations with
them.  For a calibration to be traceable, the lab that did the
calibration must be accredited.  If the lab is accredited, the
calibration certificate would certainly identify the accrediting body.

Does the certificate you received identify an accrediting body?

Best regards,

Charles