[volt-nuts] Calibration Device

Marv @ Home marvin.gozum at comcast.net
Tue Aug 13 07:54:08 EDT 2013

As digits rise, applications are less 'general', but these meters at
the outset were mostly for labs, not for servicing.  Work in
instrumentation: sensors, transducers etc., can use uV precision
foremost, accuracy preferred.  A diff DVM is ideal but not necessary,
a sensitive DMM is a cheaper substitute.

http://www.sensorland.com/HowPage078.html

At 12:09 PM 8/12/2013, J. Forster wrote:
>My main interest is as a 'sanity check'. I use DMMs for engineering purposes.
>
>Shields up:
>
>IMO, there are very few applications, other than fundamental physics
>research, that really NEED 5,6,7, or 8+ digits.
>
>I would no more use a multi digit DVM to do what can be done with a
>differential voltmeter than use a carrier phase tracking GPS to measure
>for a living room carpet.
>
>Shields down.
>
>-John

Sincerely,