[volt-nuts] HP 3457A calibration?

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Tue Aug 20 08:52:35 EDT 2013

I would agree, the point of keeping the cal data intact is the ability to
tell if the unit is 'in tolerance' on arrival at Agilent, useful information
about the 'quality/stability' of the meter, I think.

Also, the 'cal number' is stored in the 'cal RAM'.  If you send the 3457A in
with no cal data stored and it comes back with a 'cal number' of '1', I
guess you also get the answer to the question of how the 'cal number'
increments after a visit to Agilent.

Is there a 'cal number' stored in other 34xxA DMM's?  3478A for instance?

Joe