[volt-nuts] HP 3457A Arrived

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Thu Aug 22 21:34:00 EDT 2013

Joe wrote:

>I downloaded the Scope of Accreditation document for the above lab.
>Am I interpreting things incorrectly, or do the uncertainties for DC
>voltage source (in particular) look large?

Compare to:

<http://ts.nist.gov/standards/scopes/1050160.pdf>  [Fluke]

<http://ts.nist.gov/standards/scopes/1050020.pdf>  [Sandia]

<http://ts.nist.gov/standards/scopes/2005970.pdf>  [UII]

<http://ts.nist.gov/standards/scopes/2009720.pdf>  [Essco]

<http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/redirector.jspx?action=ref&lc=eng&cc=US&nfr=&ckey=2276620&cname=AGILENT_EDITORIAL>
[Agilent Loveland]

<http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/redirector.jspx?action=ref&lc=eng&cc=US&nfr=&ckey=2276618&cname=AGILENT_EDITORIAL>
[other Agilent facilities]

>One very odd thing that I noticed when it was open was the remnants of a
>wire that had been tack soldered to what looks like a voltage regulator.

Looks like someone either wanted a temporary test point for the
unregulated 5v supply while they troubleshot a problem, or used the
unregulated supply to power some modification that has since been
removed.  Kinda sloppy the way they left it.

Best regards,

Charles