[volt-nuts] LM399 on eBay

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Mon Aug 26 00:05:30 EDT 2013

I saw those also. There are a few ebay vendors selling those. They
certainly seem to have a lot of them. One can only wonder what equipment
got stripped to harvest these. There are also a few vendors selling what
look to be new parts.

Related to this, just yesterday I picked up the main board from a trashed
Keiithley 191 for $3. It has an LM399H and other support circuitry,
including some Caddock precision resistor arrays. When I have time, I will
see if the board powers up at all. I figured for the price, it was worth a
gamble for the parts.

Joe Gray
W5JG