[volt-nuts] Fluke 732A Questions

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Sun Dec 29 19:51:01 EST 2013

Todd,

Very good information.

Sounds like we are getting close to the correct P/N for the mating plug for
the socket.

My 732A has only a single transistor mounted to the frame from the A4
Regulator Assembly, in the position of Q4, and the resistance is 4230 ohms
after the unit is 'warmed up' and stable.

I recently bought a manual as well but it did not have any 'update sheets'.
I would love to have a copy of your 'update sheets'.

I did a 'clean up' of the update sheets on Didier's site and can send them
to anyone that wants one.

I printed the .PDF from the Fluke site and added the 'cleaned up' version of
the update sheets and it makes a very nice manual.  I would love to add the
other sheets to this.

I also have a 735C that is very similar to the 732A but lot's of mechanical
differences.  It has two transistors on the Regulator Assembly, presumably
A4 and Q4 and Q14.  I do not have a manual for the 735C.

It's thermistor value is in the mid 3K range.  It, too, is very stable and
has many similarities to the 732A but has recently developed a 'new
problem'.  The 'NO CAL' LED comes on after a few days for no apparent
reason.  I need to open it up again and take a look at that circuit to see
what the problem is.

On the 732A, the 'IN CAL' LED is continuously lighted when there has been no
power interruption.  On the 735C, the 'NO CAL' LED illuminates when power is
restored after a power failure.

I replaced the NiCd battery pack and all seems to be well but the 'NO CAL'
LED comes on after having been reset (by inserting a copper wire in the
'adjust' opening).  I wonder if my 'reset' process is the problem.  On the
732A, you connect to the negative terminal then touch the 'pad' inside the
'RESET' opening.  There is no such 'RESET' opening on the 735C.  Just
placing the wire (that I use to adjust the 10 V adjustment) inside the
adjustment opening and aiming to the side would reset the LED.

Happy to help with the scanning of the manual and update sheets if needed.

Thanks again for the info.

Joe