[volt-nuts] Some questions to zeners (thermoelectric effects)

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sun Jan 27 16:28:23 EST 2013

--------
In message <51058EAC.9000309 at bealecorner.com>, John Beale writes:

>So if you have perfectly balanced both the thermal mass and
>the thermal conductivity to ambient of every bimetallic junction in your
>circuit, there should be zero tempco of the system due to thermocouples,
>regardless of both absolute ambient temperature and the rate of temperature
>change with time.

This used to be very unrealistic for a host of reasons, all ultimately
terminating at the power dissipation of the various components heating
them to different degrees.

However, with todays low-power ADCs, things are starting to look
far more interesting, and given the size of the parts, submerging
the entire thing in a suitable liquid is also no longer out of the
question.

But it's still a major challenge...

But isn't that why we're on this mailing list to begin with ?