[volt-nuts] Solartron 7071 beeping about twice a second

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Thu Jan 31 09:19:32 EST 2013

Dave,

My knowledge of 'FOD' comes from the Navy, in particular, aircraft carriers.
It is an acronym standing for 'Foreign Object Damage' or 'Foreign Object
Debris'.

On an aircraft carrier, there are periodic 'FOD patrols' whereby the crew
walk the flight deck, shoulder to shoulder, stern to bow and bow to stern,
to identify and remove any object that might get 'sucked up' into the intake
of a jet engine as aircraft are being launched.  A particularly bad time for
an engine failure and usually costs an aircraft and not uncommonly a crew.

Joe