[volt-nuts] Voltage to frequency

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Mon Jul 29 15:55:07 EDT 2013

I imagine that this has been discussed before, but I didn't see anything in
the archives. Long before my recent weakness and ordering of that voltage
standard on ebay, I had thought about using a voltage to frequency
converter.

Since it is relatively easy and inexpensive to have a very accurate
frequency standard at home, I wondered how difficult would it be to use
that standard to create an accurate voltage standard.

Some Googling didn't turn up much along these lines. Since this method
apparently isn't being used, there must be some reason. Can anyone
enlighten me?

Joe Gray
W5JG