[volt-nuts] Fluke 731B battery & charge circuit

Christopher Brown cbrown at woods.net
Sun Jun 23 17:27:46 EDT 2013

Do have have a shorting bar in place between guard and gnd?

One of the issues I tracked down on my worst unit was a leek from output
+ to guard.  Some of the tin had flaked off of the traces and formed a 6
ohm connection from + PS out to guard.  Besides guard being hot I saw
intermittent output.

Simply probing with a scope would return voltage to normal.

Simply placing a _dry_ fingertip across the traces/guard in front of the
guard would do the same.

I asked about the shorting bar, because connecting guard to gnd in my
case would pull the ps output _way down_.

Anyway, worth checking for voltage on guard.